Keep Your Skin Beautiful All Summer
As much as we all love to sit in the sand and tan during the summer months, we have to remember to take care of our skin while doing so.
Protection from the sun is vital this time of year as UV rays are extremely strong- especially during the hours between 10am and 4pm. Here are the Top 5 reasons why you should wear sunscreen this summer:
- Sunscreen helps to prevent cancer
- Sunscreen helps to prevent premature sagging
- Sunscreen prevents sunburn - Sunscreen helps to prevent age spots - Sunscreen helps prevent premature aging
Cosmetic Acupuncture is a great way to take care of your skin this summer! Facial rejuvenation through acupuncture slows down the signs of aging and improves your skin.
What types of people receive cosmetic acupuncture? Asked and answered. Everyone! There are many well-known celebrities who receive acupuncture treatments as part of their health and skin care routines. Notable names include Jennifer Aniston, Angelina Jolie, Sean Connery, and Madonna. Who wouldn't want to be like them?
Supplements are a good way to promote skin health, and give the body the tools it needs to protect itself against damaging free radicals.
A proper nutrition strategy includes:
- The consumption of fruits and vegetables
- The consumption of other sources of antioxidants, such as green tea, nuts, and dark chocolate
- Quality nutritional supplements
Supplements from Standard Process can be an integral part of your skin care regimen for the summer. Supplements that support skin health include:
- Cataplex F Tablets
- These tablets promote healthy skin and hair
- Calcium Lactate
- Offers support to the maintenance and function of cell membranes
- Gotu Kola Complex
- This complex promotes healthy skin and connective tissue
- Provides antioxidant activities
- Supports healthy capillaries
*Contact us if you'd like to make an appointment or place an order for supplements.*
Mel Baker-Thompson is a New York State licensed Doctor of Acupuncture and Chinese Medicine with over 3,000 hours of clinical and didactic training in Eastern and Western medical modalities. She has developed the Whole Life Integration Method to take natural functional medicine to the next level - incorporating the role of the mind in the optimization of authentic health. Over the last 20 years she has treated physicians, therapists, Rockettes, even an Olympic-qualifying athlete. From infants to grandparents, she has crafted an approach to health cultivation that combines the wisdom, skill, and acumen of Chinese Medicine with nutrition therapy, manual therapy, essential oils, and insight meditation to remove health disruptors in the body and mind.